At the zip line, we were harnessed in with ropes, helmets, and three carabiners. As we started our tractor ride up the mountain and the ocean came into view, my camera conked out for good. I was sad I was going to miss out on pictures in the trees, but I decided I had the gift of being able to enjoy the view and experience the way it was meant to be viewed (not through a 3x5).
![]() |
| The last picture my camera will ever take :( |
The zip line was exhilarating! I loved flying high, feeling the breeze and watching the sun filter through the leaves. Halfway down the mountain, the guides offered to send us to the next platform upside down. Upside down? Absolutely! It was only after the halfway mark that the uncertainty set in and I started trying to figure out how to right myself. I had to trust the guides. On another platform, I went hands-free. It was such a fun experience, and a beautiful view.
On the way to the beach, we stopped at a grocery store with many global products that reminded me of a supermarket here. It has produce, flowers, a deli, bakery, and numerous drink choices. The shopping center was rather modern, and I wonder if it reflects the fact that Playa Herrera is a resort town.
The beach has dark sand from the rocks and volcanoes. People pull in and park under the palms. It is very relaxed and quiet. The water feels like bathwater. I was surprised that there are not any little critters running around as on many of our beaches. Some of us took a walk to the end of the horseshoe-shaped beach finding almonds, coconuts, new fruits, rocks, and fishermen. There were many dogs.
On our way home, we stopped at a famous bridge where crocodiles gather below. Looking over the railing, it looked like there are many logs in the water damming the river. They were all large crocodiles. I counted 34 crocodiles under the bridge, but I know there were more. Their heads and menacing tails were gigantic. It had just rained before we drove through so there was fog rolling through the mountains and across the water. It was breathtaking.


No comments:
Post a Comment