Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dunkin Donuts


Dunkin Donuts. Did I get your attention?

In the middle of our tour of historic Downtown Lima, our tour guide Enrique takes us by none other than Dunkin Donuts, and tells us we have a 5 minute break. The American-food deprived college students in our group were on that doughnut counter like white on rice. Even the tour guide bought a coffee! Since I had only arrived 3 days before, and liked the meals I had been served so far, I did not think it necessary to miss home quite yet.

After hearing all of their lip-smacking and moans of satisfaction, I gave in at the airport a couple days later. Uh, American Dunkin Donuts needs to take a tip from their Peruvian brothers. The Dunkin Donuts in Peru serves the BEST doughnuts I have ever tasted. I seriously think they lace the delicacies. They had frosting flavors I could never imagine. I had a doughnut covered in toasted coconut, and when I bit into it, liquid caramel oozed out. I also had a doughnut frosted with a mint green fruity goodness. Fast forward to the night I left Peru. I tried to spend all of my soles so I would not have have to exchange money. I made sure to spend down so I had 5 soles left, enough for one last doughnut at the airport. This time I had duranzo, peach icing with jimmies. Divine!

Last week, my brother, sister-in-law, and I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way out of town. I had a boring old maple glazed. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment